This isn’t exactly something you eat, but it is something you make in your kitchen. 🙂 Sam and I made these earlier today and had a great time.
2 cups salt
2/3 cup water
1 cup cornstarch
½ very cold water
1. Combine salt and 2/3 cup water in medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Heat salt mixture until water bubbles or about 5 minutes.
3. Take off stove and add cornstarch and ½ cup cold water.
4. Stir mixture until it thickens and forms dough.
5. Wait until dough cools.
6. Knead dough until mixture is smooth.
7. Add glitter. (We used about 2 tablespoons.)
8. Roll out and cut out shapes.
9. I used a straw to form a hole to hang ornaments.
10. Bake approximately 1 ½ hours at 200 degrees.
What is your favorite homemade ornament to make?